Thursday 8 September 2011

Origins "Zero Oil"

As you know, I'm always looking for products to help control my oily skin! This product comes in an 18ml (£12) bottle which isn't a lot, and as it is liquid it can run out very quickly depending on how much you're using.

You can apply it either under or over your make-up and it gives the face a matte finish! I used it today and was surprised it actually seemed to work!

Would it be lazy of me to copy and paste what the Origins website has to say about it?

"When everyday hassles like heat, humidity, or stress send already overzealous oil glands into overdrive, skin faces a surplus of shine, looks dingy, feels totally tacky. Breakouts are apt to blossom. Nature's master-mattifiers, including oil-foiling Silicates, toning Winterbloom, plus calming Chinese Camphor, instantly zero in skin-spoiling oil and blot up greasy shine without overdrying. Creates a smooth, invisible finish that stays matte all day. There are no streaks on cheeks. And forehead, chin and nose show positively no glow."

The only problem is have with this product is I'm unsure of how to apply it! It's a liquid so you'd assume that it should be put on a cotton wool pad and wiped over the face, but if you want to apply it over make-up then surely a cotton wool pad would wipe away most of your make-up?!
I have just been squirting it into my palms and massing it into my face before I put any make-up on, but it is quite messy and you have to do it straight away so that the product doesn't leak out of your hands!
Looking at the reviews on the website I'm not the only one who is a bit confused about how to apply it...

When you first put it on it can feel a bit tacky but it absorbs into the skin very quickly and that feeling soon passes.

All in all I'd say that it was worth the money as it seems to be keeping my T-Zone oil free throughout the day!

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/6342/11728/Skincare/Concern/Blemish-Oil-Control/Zero-Oil/Instant-matte-finish-for-shiny-places/index.tmpl

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment