Saturday 1 October 2011

Sensitive Skin

Happy October!!!

Because of all the products we use and all the treatments we have done to fight acne, our skin can become exceptionally sensitive; if you think about it, some of the acne products we use are made to remove layers of the skin and therefore our skin is bound to be a lot more sensitive than most!

Last week I washed my face with an exfoliator than I had never used before and the next day my eyes were bright red! From the lid and brow section to the "bags" underneath, my eye area was crimson, flaky, and sore. Foolishly I had used a fragranced exfoliator without paying much attention and the outcome was not pretty.

Before I took R my eyes and lips had never been sensitive or prone to drying but during the months I took it and the year after I had stopped taking it I noticed that my skin had stayed sensitive. I altered my whole facial collection to include products that were fragrance free and free of any harsh and unnecessary ingredients. I spoke to my doctor and he said that the act of washing ones face actually damages it more than it does good!

Now, the only thing I was my face with is Clean & Clear Truly Gentle Facial Wash which is soap free with ingredients so mild that it is as pure as water, and it's true! After my eye area became irritated I used this product because everything else made my eyes burn horribly, but this did no such thing and soothed the eye area.

I would definately recommend it's use and will be avoiding harsh and fragranced skin cleansers from now on!!!

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment