Saturday 29 October 2011

Isotrexin

I went back to the doctors on monday because a) I was feeling a bit blue about my skin and b) I had ran out of the last set of tablets he had prescribed.

I asked that  he prescribe me some cream/gel because the tablets didn't seem to have any effect on me! So he gave me some Isotrexin; 2% Erythromycin and 0.05% Isotretinoin in a 30g tube! Now the statistics mean nothing to me but I know that Isotretinoin is the main substance in Roaccutane.

I don't want to start taking R again but I thought that by using a gel cream with a small percentage of isotretinoin in it would both help clear up my face and get rid of some of the excess oil without drying it up too much.

So far it hasn't aggravated my skin, although the gel does dry quickly and leave a sort of white film across areas of my skin.

We'll see how it goes!

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment