Tuesday 26 February 2013

Medication

Hello,

In one of my previous posts I wrote about how I was going to start using trimethoprim and Epiduo cream, that was on December 2012 and I don't see any difference to my skin...

The instructions with the trimethoprim was to take 3 tablets in the morning and 3 at night, but a day or two into taking them I started feeling nauseous (like when you feel travel sick) and then actually ended up being sick a few times. I carried on taking them because I thought maybe I had the flu but after a while I realised it was because of them. Because of this I started taking them at night only because I can sleep through the sickness, but every morning I wake up with a horrible head ache! They taste horrid as well...

The Epiduo cream is very strong and my shoulders keep going very red and feel tender because of it, they look like they've been sunburnt. I'm not sure that this combination is working!

Have any of you used either of these? Have they worked for you?

- Natalie





2 comments:

  1. Would you be interested in exchanging links?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never taken trimethoprim for acne, so I don't have any suggestions for that. But I do use Epiduo, and it's made a big difference in terms of minimizing scarring post-breakouts. I've found that if I follow the recommended instructions, my skin gets much too dry, so I'll "spot" it only in places where I have acne, either at bedtime or twice a day, depending on how inflamed the acne looks. Also, I always apply Epiduo immediately after a pimple has popped and keep doing so for that spot at least 2-3 times per day for at least 3 days. I've noticed that the skin will heal faster and there won't be a deep pitting scar left over.

    I realize everyone's skin is different, so I just wanted to share what has worked for me. I hope you'll find what works for your skin so you can feel in control of your skin :)

    ReplyDelete