Wednesday 2 March 2016

Month 1 on Roaccutane (pictures)

I have recently completed month 1 of my third course of Roaccutane!

I find it's working a lot quicker than the previous times and in the first 2 weeks I noticed that my skin was a lot less oily; when my skin was at its oiliest I could feel my skin becoming greasy and is constantly be checking my mirror and I can't believe what a difference R has made already!


At the moment it doesn't look like I have a lot of acne but this is a good day. 

My skin is starting to become dryer; I'm applying Lip balm constantly (I've been using Flint + Flint Lip Hero which seems to be working), my face is starting to peel- especially around my nose and on my chin, and my hands have started to get Tony cuts on them where they're drying out.


Sometimes I get mild headaches but other than that it's mainly just the dryness which is going to get worse but BRING IT ON 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

I went for my second consultation yesterday and even the consultant said how unusual it is to have to take R for a third time: he said people usually take it during their late teens and can relapse after a few years but to have to take it a third time is unfortunate.

As I was walking to the hospital there was a girl who was lost, also going to the dermatology department, so I walked in with her because acne is embarrassing and horrible and we should support each other because we're all going through the same thing. If you're reading this, random girl, hi!

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment