Monday 2 May 2011

My Birthday: makeup manual

Happy 21st birthday to me!
My sister bought me a book; BOBBI BROWN MAKEUP MANUAL, it is amazing! I haven't stopped reading it all day!

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I wasn't very good at applying make-up; I know how to do it but I don't really have a technique, I tend to just apply a lot and smother it over my face to hide any imperfections. This book gives step-by-step instuctions on how to apply everything from concealer and foundation to eye make-up and what surprised me most was that it did not endorse Bobbi Brown's own make-up range, it is a book to simply explain how to apply make-up!

Infact it gives advice on how to cover a blemish which I will share:
  • Choose a stick foundation or concealer to match your skin tone
  • with a concealer brush, dab the product on the spot only. Wipe it away from the surrounding areas. Layer a second coat on if needed.
  • Use your finger to blend excess
  • Dust skin tone correct powder directly on top of the spot. 
Ok, that's pretty simple but it made me feel more confident knowing that I am doing it right. Nobody taught me how to apply make-up so I've always quite self-conscious of my attempts!

If you get the opportunity I would go to a book shop and have a flick through a make-up manual because:

If you have acne on your chin you should learn how to apply beautiful eye make-up because it will take the distraction away from the lower half of your face, and if you have blemishes on your forehead then you should create bold lips so that people will take notice of the lower half of your face! 

It's all a sneaky way of distracting people from problem skin. If you don't know how to apply eye shadow without looking as if it has been applied in the dark (like myself) then these books are amazing! Like I said, check them out!

I also got a new set of make-up brushes which I adore! They have natural bristles are are soft on the skin which is important as that way they do not aggravate aggressive acne.

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment