Saturday 18 June 2011

N-Lite Laser Warning!

I didn't have my laser treatment on friday, it was my last microdermabrasion*.

I did however have a very interesting conversation with the esthetician... She asked me whether I was nervous about the laser treatment and I told her that I was because the last time I had it done I found it very uncomfortable. From talking to her I found out that:

A) I didn't have laser patch test before I had the treatment. This is important because it allows you to see whether any bruises will occur and gives an idea of the level at which the laser should be used.

B) On my first (and only) laser session they used a very high setting that was too much for my skin.

It's like when you dye your hair, you do a patch test to make sure that no complications arise for the treatment. I never had that done and I didn't know I was supposed to! I think that the reason they used such a high setting was because I had just had the worst break-out of my life and they were trying to control the acne the best that they could. Unfortunately, I then spent the next year saying I would never have laser again because it hurt so much when REALLY it was just because the proper procedure had not been followed!

My advice is that before you even consider laser, make them tell you the facts! Googling it isn't much help because different places have different procedures and there are many different types of laser treatments. Make yourself aware of what should happen and then you won't find yourself in the same position as me!

- Natalie

* I purchased more microdermabrasions on friday. 6 treatments for £150! Infact, that seems too good to be true and I'm pretty sure I must've heard wrong because the last offer they had was 3 for £125... Hmm. Anyway, my mother thinks I am addicted to Microdermabrasion and says that I have so many sessions that one day I'll come home and she'll be able to see my skull! Some people say that Microdermabrasion ruins the skin but it has never even left my skin with a single bruise and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment