Saturday 3 March 2012

Cancelled appointments

I'm still going ahead with the laser treatment but unfortunately it hasn't really gone as planned! Since I last wrote I have had 1, yes 1, laser session.

I went back 2 weeks ago to have my second of three sessions but when I got there the Laser had broken! It was very embarassing, apparently they had been trying to contact me but they didn't have my number bla bla bla. Anyway, because at my inconvenience of coming in when I couldn't have my treatment they gave me a free peel! It was very kind of them and I honestly did not expect them to offer me anything so I was delighted.

They said they would call me when the machine was fixed and they did, now I have another appointment... next week.

That is nearly 7 weeks since I had my first session and I'm feeling quite sad because there was nothing I could do but wait for this appointment; it could have been a day later, a week later, I didn't know so I put my usual facial routine on hold (because you can't use strong face washes/creams/take medications 48 hours before the treatment) so I feel like I have done nothing to benefit my skin!

And since my last appointment my cheeks have broken out with large, superficial whiteheads! I'm counting down the days until I can get my treatments back on track!

- Natalie

3 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie (i'm called Natalie as well just to be confusing!) i have just been doing some research into N-lite and was wondering if you had had your second treatment and how it went?

    I went to the doctors today because i have been on so many different medications etc over the years and am currently on dianette which i was previously on for years and my acne has been manageable over the years and since i was a teen managed to clear up my back and other areas to just my face which i have been able to cope with.

    However over the last few days my acne has flared up on my face, neck, back, shoulders and chest and is actually worse right now than it's ever been, so i went to the doctor today and he is referring me to a derm and said it would probably be roaccutane but after research i am not sure if i want to go down this road especially as i am in full-time work and the side effects just don't seem worth it.

    I was just wondering if you'd be cool to have a chat and catch up as i don't really have anyone i can talk to so would be really good to get some advice and your thoughts.

    Thanks

    Natx x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nat! I would love to chat, I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things either; that is why I blog! I had my second treatment and it was ok.... I'll do a small post about it now.
    Whats the best way to chat? e-mail?
    let me know :)
    - Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nat! Sorry i have taken so long to get back to you i have been away on holiday and then work has been really busy then i couldnt find your email argh!! Finally got there though!

    Might be easier to talk over email? my address is nkclapham@gmail.com... i saw your latest posts and would be good to have a chat...

    i feel like i am basically in the same situation with you on the whole skin thing so would be good to talk about each others experiences and hopefully help each other on our mission to normal skin!

    give me an email and we can figure out the easiest way to keep in contact xx

    ReplyDelete