Tuesday 11 December 2012

Celebrity Skin

If you became famous would you discuss acne and your problem skin in an interview? I wouldn't; it is not something I would want to point out to people who would undoubtedly want to take photos of me at my worst! Because of this it always gets me interested when a celebrity talks about their problem skin and how acne, or any other problem, affects them.

I was reading an article today in which the wonderful Emma Stone spoke about how she suffers from acne and it often has to be airbrushed out of her movies. By looking at her I never would have guessed that she has cystic acne! She credits her make up artist with being able to cover it but admits to having taken Roaccutane and stated that she gets Cortisone* injections for it (ouch).

She told refinery29.com that her acne is stress induced and described it as "debilitating and embarassing".

She also used one of my favourite sayings when it comes to acne "no pain no gain". Too true.

I have so much respect for Emma; sure she's the face of Revlon but nobody would have expected her to be so honest about her skin.

http://www.refinery29.com/emma-stone?page=1

There is a link to the interview, have a read and let me know if you agree!

- Natalie

*a steroid injection into a cystic spot which reduces inflammation and swelling within around 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Is that look just natural or how much makeup are they really wearing?
    rosacea treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrities seem to have the best skin around. I suppose that they have to, considering the number of eyeballs on them at any given time. They don't seem to be bothered by acne pimples as much!

    ReplyDelete