Friday 25 April 2014

Micropeel

I'm feeling like I want to cry, my grandad just said to me "what's wrong with your face? There?" And pointed at my chin. Aghhhh why do people do this?! What do you think is wrong with my face?

I had my Micropeel yesterday! 

First they double cleansed my face (I like this part, I wish someone would double cleanse my face for me everyday!) and then they applied a mild glycolic people all over my face. They waited for it to dry and then over the areas that are badly infected they put a higher percentage, stronger peel. 
It tingled but didn't sting, I said from a scale of 1-10 the tingling sensation was a 2 overall.
The peel is activated with cold water so they then put strips of gauze over my entire face wherever the peel had been applied and poured cold water over it!!! By the end of it I was pretty soggy... I could feel the areas that had the stronger peel on turning very hot but once the hotness and tingling sensations had faded they took the gauze off and began prepping for the microdermabrasion.

Now I think I have a high tolerance when it comes to painful treatments on my face, I don't know if it was anything to do with the peel but I found yesterday's microdermabrasion quite painful! My eyes were watering at one point.
They even microdermed over the large spots on my chin, that was pretty uncomfortable but no pain no gain!
At the end of it they applied a cooling mask and an SPF and I was in there for just over half an hour!

I have my 2nd one booked on the 8th May so I'll see if it's made a difference before then!

This was hanging on the back of the door in the treatment room, I thought it was cute



- Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Don't cry ! I know it's hard to get them off , but stay strong . Did you used panthotenic acid ? It helps me a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. just resding your blog. i was acne sufferer for over two decades, and like you, i tried everything out there. roaccutane was the only treatment that worked for me, and, in my case, i had two separate courses of roaccutane treatment. the effect on my first treatment was dramatic, but the acne came back a couple of months after the end of the course. happily, i managed to get a second course, and that one seemed to have cured my acne for good. it has been years since then and i am still acne free. something i never believed could happen. i still get some blackheads on my nose, but my face is otherwise really clear. so don't get disheartened. you can fight acne too.

    ReplyDelete