Friday 8 July 2011

Dr Brandt: Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner.

This product for oily/combination skin claims to "extract blackheads" and as I have a lot of blackheads on my nose I decided to buy it to see if it worked!

The fact that it's called a "vacuum cleaner" is quite deceiving because it sounds as if it is some kind of mechanical device when actually it is a lotion!

You just pump out a small amount, apply to the areas that have blackheads and leave for 5-10 minutes. The lotion turns white as it dries and cools down so you can feel it on your face, when it's dry you wash it off and then are supposed to pat the face dry rather than rub it (although I'm not sure why?).

It says it can be used 2-3 times a week but I probably used it more... Anyway, I didn't think it was making much difference when yesterday my mum said to me "that stuff is really working isn't it! You've got no blackheads on your nose now!" Now, I have one of those mirrors that reflects a bigger image on one side than it does the other and it is with this mirror that I usually scrutinise my face and I must agree that on closer inspection the blackheads on my nose did look smaller but I wouldn't say that they had gone completely.

When I bought it (at Space NK for £39) the sales assistant did tell me that it is something you have to use consistently each week to see results for I'll persevere with it and see if it makes anymore difference!

Here is what the website says about it:

"PORES NO MORE VACUUM CLEANER

DR BRANDT
Pores No More® Vacuum Cleaner® blackhead and oil remover is formulated with alpha and beta hydroxyl acids, silicone dioxide and eijitsu rose for maximum performance.
Key Ingredients:


  • Eijitsu rose - extract from the Japanese rose that helps tighten pores.




  • Glycolic acid - alpha hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane that exfoliates and softens skins texture.




  • Salicylic acid - exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. Keeps pores clean, and prevents clogging.




  • Silicone dioxide - mineral powder from sand that extracts dirt and excess oil and absorbs sebum.



  • Free Standard UK Delivery"

    Now, I know that I said that I wouldn't be buying anymore products with Salicylic acid in them but the Kiehl's Yerba Mate Tea Toner seems to have my oily skin under control at the moment so it doesn't seem to be affecting the amount of oil my skin is producing!

    It's not very big at all and is quite expensive so I'll keep you updated on whether or not it continues to work!

    - Natalie

    1 comment:

    1. Have you tried Beautiful Clear face ance control capsules. They worked for me. I had tried everything else.

      www.beautifulclearface.com

      ReplyDelete