Friday 22 July 2011

Laser Treatment

Yesterday I graduated (congratulations to me!) and how did I celebrate? By have an N-Lite laser treatment session today, of course!

Before you read this, it might be worth reading my post from April titled "N-Lite Laser Treatment" as it gives more information on the actual treatment.

The treatment literally lasted no more than 5 minutes! Suprinsing since the last time I had it done it took around 30-40 minutes. My assumption is that the treatment takes longer if there is a larger infected surface area to treat; the esthetician will spend longer making sure that all the infected areas are targeted.
The only areas where I thought it was most uncomfortable was around my eyes and on the cheeks near the nose; it's probably because these areas of skin are quite thin.
She used quite a low laser setting on me and I never had to ask her to stop, it was always bearable!

It's made me feel a bit silly about avoiding laser treatment; the first time I had it done was when my skin was badly infected and the laser made my skin feel like it was burning, because the effects of the laser are felt more strongly on infected areas.

Right now my face feels hot and looks red but that's normal and should calm down soon apparently. It's also not uncommon to have small red marks on the skin where the laser has been used.

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment