Thursday 7 July 2011

N-Lite Laser Patch Test

If you haven't read my first post on N-Lite laser treatment I would suggest doing so because then this post will make more sense!

Here's a quick run through of what happened when I had the patch test:
Firstly, I had to sign some forms to say that I understood what the treatment entailed and the side effects that could occur. After that I lay on the bed and put on the blacked out goggles to protect my eyes from the laser!
I was told by the esthetician that she was going to use the laser 4 times on either side of my face at different levels of strength so I could monitor how my skin reacted to the laser, and see whether any bruising occurred within the next couple of days.
She warned me eveytime she was about to use the laser but it still made me jump; because of the blacked-out goggles you don't know where abouts on your face they are gong to use the laser so it surprises you each time!
I wouldn't say it ws painful, more uncomfortable. I can only describe it as somebody flicking you in the face with an elastic band! But it's bearable.

That was nearly a week ago and so far there has been no bruising and I am scheduled to have the full blown laser treatment on the 22nd July so I am counting down the days!

During my treatment I found out the following facts:
  • The laser cannot blind you; the goggles just protect your eyes from the bright light. The esthetician wears a pair of yellow goggles to lessen the harshness of the light but no, it won't damage your eye sight.
  • The laser is more harsh on darker skin, so people with medium or very dark skin tones are more prone to bruising.
- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment