Tuesday 1 September 2015

Does Roaccutane work?

Last week me and my mum went for a spa day at a hotel ; we had a massage, a manicure, and a facial and after that we went up to the hotel restaurant for lunch.

Everyone who's ever had a facial knows that it's basic skin care etiquette not to apply makeup after a facial/peel/microderm so what did I do? I went up to that restaurant with no makeup (and a slightly greasy face) and ate lunch! My mum noted this and said "look how far you've come" and I have come a long way! From being the girl who wouldn't take her makeup off in front of her family to going bare faced in public.

Now I'm not saying I walk around with no makeup on all the time, my face isn't perfect and I'm still self conscious but in this instance I decided not to let my skin control my life. And it felt good!




As you can see I still have a few spots but my dermatologist said that is normal and not for me to panic.

I also have a lot of congestion and blackheads, especially around my nose!

Roaccutane gets a lot of bad press but I am so thankful for it. My life has changed unequivocally; a few years ago I was depressed, I felt hideous, and I distanced myself from everyone. I'm not saying R is a quick fix and will cure your acne-remember that this is the 2nd time I've taken it! After I had taken it the first time I was so disheartened with the results. My dermatologist said that potentially I'll have to take it again and if I needed to I wouldn't hesitate.

I hope everyone's skin is getting better and I'd love to hear about your experiences!

- Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Before you get the treatment I'd recommend EasyAcneGuide.com it really helped me get over my acne NATURALLY. One of teh best guides imo. There is just so much BS on the web regarding acne. A lot of it is false/myth, so that guide ^^ helped me out. Real stuff.

    Hope it helps,
    And I really hope everyone reading this gets over their acne soon!!! Always remember you are beautiful no matter what.
    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete