Monday 7 September 2015

How to get rid of acne scars

I have suffered from acne for years and a particularly bad break out of cystic acne left me with scars across my cheeks.

Years of various treatments have helped lessen the severity of them but I can still see them!

Treatments such as Laser: used directly on the affected area to kill bacteria and remove the superficial layer of skin to reveal a new and unblemished layer

Microdermabrasion: crystals/grains are used to exfoliate the skin and get rid of any dead skin cells to rejuvenate and make the top layer brighter/clearer

Derma rollers: Tiny needles roll across the skin to increase levels of collagen which help plump the skin

Chemical Peels: causes the top layer of skin to peel away revealing a clearer and more rejuvenated layer underneath.

All of the above help create more Collagen in the affected area; collagen is a protein produced by the skin, it can regenerate itself and helps keep the skin plump and smooth; new cells replace the old ones and indented acne scars can be filled in!

If you are having a treatment such as Laser it is recommended you leave a period of at least 2 weeks inbetween sessions to allow new cells to develop.



You can buy creams and gels but I have yet to find one that has helped my skin, but it depends entirely on how severe the scarring is.

I'd love to know what you all use to help get rid of acne scars as I'm always open to trying new products; did anything completely get rid of your scarring?

- Natalie



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips. Honestly if you are really looking for a more detailed guide I'd recommend EasyAcneGuide.com it really helped me get over my acne. One of teh best guides imo. There is just so much BS on the web regarding acne. A lot of it is false/myth, so that guide ^^ helped me out. Real stuff.

    Hope it helps,
    And I really hope everyone reading this gets over their acne soon!!! Always remember you are beautiful no matter what.
    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete