Tuesday 22 September 2015

Face Peels for Acne scars : the reaction

So I decided to document my skin after having a higher percentage peel last Saturday. 

During the peel I could feel my face burning, more so than usual but I persevered because I live under the illusion that the more it hurts the more it works! They apply a coat of the peel to the skin, let it dry, and then add another coat and as the peel is applied you can feel any affected areas start to tingle; the stronger the peel the stronger the sensation.
(If you've never had a peel before hey wouldn't start off on a high strength one, most likely you would have to prep your skin with a glycolic wash for about a week prior to prepare your skin and then the more peels you have the higher percentage of acid they will use).

I took this picture straight after the peel:


And then I took these pictures yesterday (2 days after having the peel)




The skin is cracking and it looks like I have a giant cold sore! It's impossible to cover with makeup so I had to go to work looking like that; I tried to avoid most people so they wouldn't ask about it.

It's very tender as the skin has peeled away leaving there skin beneath new and raw; I've been keeping my skin moisturised and this morning I used a gentle scrub to try and move some of the peeling skin off my cheeks and nose but it hasn't helped.

- Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I'd recommend EasyAcneGuide.com it really helped me get over my acne. One of teh best guides imo. There is just so much BS on the web regarding acne. A lot of it is false/myth, so that guide ^^ helped me out. Real stuff.

    Hope it helps,
    And I really hope everyone reading this gets over their acne soon!!! Always remember you are beautiful no matter what.
    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete