Sunday 24 April 2011

Before and After

I'm going to talk you through my daily facial routine, telling you what products I use on a day-to-day basis!

This picture was taken yesterday night after I had taken all my make-up off:


I use the Dermalogica range for normal-oily skin; I use the special cleansing gel followed by the skin prep scrub
I then use the multi-active toner on my face and neck and apply the active moist moisturiser to the same areas to combat hydration so that the skin stops producing as much oil!

I then use Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base which contains shea butter, vitamins A, C, E, and carrot! It locks in moisture and stops my foundations absorbing into the skin.

I have recently started applying a layer of Mattify! Ultra (Mattify cosmetics), which is a translucent powder that absorbs oil and is supposed to keep make-up looking "fresh" but I haven't been using it long enough to judge this yet. I apply that before and after my foundation.

The foundation I am currently using is Dermalogica's Treatment Foundation in colour 1. It contains antioxidant vitamins which help protect the skin from moisture loss. There are only 8 shades in this foundation but suprisingly #1 is an exact match for my pale skin!
Another foundation I often use is Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation in "soft ivory", it really does give flawless coverage but I started using Dermalogica when my skin started getting too oily. Laura Mercier also do an oil-free foundation that I am definately going to try because the foundations are amazing at hiding flaws!

I use MAC Studio Finish Concealer in shade NW15 on red blemishes as again it matches my skin tone and you can build it up to add more coverage.

I then add Benefit's Dandelion Blush to the apples of my cheeks which is a lovely light pink and apply my powder afterwards so that the blush looks more natural.

I swear by MAC Mineralze Skin Finish Powder in "light"; it is a mineral powder so it gives full coverage but allows the skin to breathe! I tend to apply a lot of this and keep one in my bag to use during the day (if my face starts to look to oily). I also keep Bobbi Brown Blotting Sheets in my bag to use on my T-zone.
I use Benefit's Lemon aid on my eye lids as an eye shadow primer which takes the redness out of eye lids.

I then use Keihl's lip balm in "vanilla" which stops my lips from going dry.

If there are still blemishes showing I use Benefit's "Hello Flawless" which is amazing and covers any imprefections! Unfortunately, all the shades in this particular make-up have yellowish undertones that make my skin look orange. Benefit do not tend to cater for paler skin so I use it in "shell" and use MAC mineral powder over the top to keep it as close to my natural skin colour as possible!

I then use MAC Fix + which you spray over the top of make-up to fix it in place!

and then I look a tiny bit more presentable:



Excuse the peculiarity of my posing!
They are the basics that I use everyday, and it doesn't take me as long as you might think! After that I will add mascara, eye shadow, lipstick etc but the ones listed above are my necessities for hiding acne!

- Natalie

1 comment:

  1. This is my formula for finding cause of acne for every single person. Omega 3 Salmon Oil

    ReplyDelete