Saturday 16 April 2011

Oily skin

Now that I have stopped taking R my skin has become extremely oily!
I've changed my make-up, my cleansers, my toners, nothing worked!
My mum went into Urban Retreat in Harvey Nichols and the man behind the counter told her I needed to get face washes WITHOUT salicylic acid in them.

The salicylic acid tries to stop the skin from producing oil, so in turn the skin produces more oil to combat it! I was purposely buying products with salicylic acid because I was trying to control my acne breakouts, unfortunately this has made my skin worse!!!

If you're having the same problem I highly recommend Dermalogica products for normal-oily skin, that's what I'm using at the moment and my skin has rapidly stopped producing as much oil. I always keep blotting sheets in my bag though, just incase my skin starts to look oily throughout the day. The blotting sheets I use are Bobbi Brown but you can buy them from most pharmacies as well!

- Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment