Tuesday 19 April 2011

Microdermabrasion

Professional microdermabrasion gently resurfaces the outer layers of the skin, removing damaged cells and stimulating the skin's natural cell regenerating process; it works by buffing away the outer layer of skin using tiny, rough particles.

They use a wand applicator that feels like a tiny suction, they run it over your skin (concentrating on the worst areas) and let the particles remove the surface layer.

It is good for acne because it helps to remove the debris that block the pores; it is best used with anti-biotics or creams to help combat the production of acne as microdermabrasion will have no effect of the skins sebum production!


As I said in a previous post, I had lots of lumps under the skin on my forehead that were noticable all the time (especially on pictures); after a couple of treatments the microdermabrasion was able to effectively remove the lumps which were cause by deep blockages in the pores!

It's not painful, and the microdermabrasion machines have different settings depending on the sensitivity of the skin! I have never asked them to stop because it was uncomfortable, I actually find it quite therapeutic!

I have always had mine done at http://www.skinhealthspa.com/ who are extremely professional and very kind! I used to always get nervous about taking my make-up off in front of people but they're so helpful and understanding that there's no reason to feel embarassed at all. They also do free consultations so even if you're just curious about how the treatment works it is worth seeking their professional advice.

You should probably wait 2 weeks between each session to allow the skin to heal, and afterwards your skin will go very red and probably dry as it regrows.

Right now I'm having it done to remove scars from my cheeks caused by acne and I can really see the difference; before, my cheeks were bright red and the scars could be seen under make-up but now you can barely see them when my skin is bare!

Professional treatments can be expensive but you can now buy microdermabrasion creams and face washes from stores and pharmacies! They contain tiny granules which again work to buff the surface of the skin, much like a facial scrub, but the granules are stronger to scrub deeper and help clreas the pores!

- Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Microdermabrasion is very good for acne scar removal. It is non surgical treatment. I have experience of this treatment and I get too much benefit and prefect result. There are no side effects of this treatment. It is done at upper layer of the skin so much helpful in acne scar removal.

    Microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete