Wednesday 20 April 2011

Power Pumpkin Peel

I'm not going to lie, peels can sting. But my theory is that if you can feel it burn that means it's doing it's job (tip- this theory only works if you are having treatment done by a professional! If you are doing something to your skin at home that is burning you may be doing more harm than good!)

I used to have Power Pumpkin Peels (or "pumpkin power" as I called them until I googled it and was proved wrong...)
The peel is used to descrease the amount of existing acne and helps to prevent future breakouts.

The one used on me was very strong and the strength was increased each time so that the results would be more beneficial. I remember it smelling quite peculiar aswell...

The peel is applied just like a cleanser, massaged into the skin, and then left to absorb for a short while. They then wash it off and a protective spf mosturiser is applied!
The peel can leave your face looking red as it works to remove the top layer of skin; I never put make-up on after having any treatments (as I feel as though I'm re-blocking my pores) so I found it extremely embarassing to walk through the streets of Manchester with a bright red face to get back to my car!
Your skin will probably also become quite dry as the skins surface re-forms and it is recommended you stay out of the sun as your skin will naturally have become more sensitive during the treatment.

The Power Pumpkin Peel is part of the DermaQuest skin range http://www.dermaquestinc.com/ I had mine done at the Skin Health Spa in Manchester.

- Natalie

6 comments:

  1. Good Info. In pumpkin peel treatment, you end up obtaining younger skin as there are such methods and products which are extremely effective for dull, lifeless skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long did your skin stay red? Two days after my 2nd pumpkin peel treatment, it looks like some parts of my skin are still slightly pink and I'm a bit scared that the redness won't go away! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, usually the effects of the peel should wear off within 3-4 days. However, I had a peel done last thursday and my skin is still bright red and burns whenever I put any creams on; I have a feeling they used a higher strength peel which has not agreed with me!
    Hopefully yours isn't burning too! If the redness doesn't fade within the next day or so give whoever did the peel a quick call and see what they would recommend because they will be able to tell you if the same has happened to other patients of theirs.
    Try not to use fragranced/strong facewashes and moisturisers because after a peel your skin is very sensitive and this could affect the skin renewal.
    Let me know how you get on :)
    - Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your reply :) my skin doesn't seem to be pink anymore but only somewhat dry. After the first treatment, they used a product which cooled down my skin but they didn't do this after the second treatment. I wonder if it was due to this and also because the second peel was stronger than the first one that parts of my skin stayed slightly pink for longer. Well, I hope the next treatment goes better. Thanks again for your post and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than staying out of the sun, I suggest you religiously moisturize your skin and put a mild sunscreen on a regular basis. You should also moderate its use if you experience the stinging and redness comes too often. Those peel treatment could burn your skin lightly when use improperly. Take care!

    Lilia Valle @ La Fleur de Beaute Day Spa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peels do sting, but your theory towards it is absolutely correct -- it just means that it’s actually working. By penetrating the surface of the skin, it gets rid of the impurities that normal face cleansers couldn't deal with. You’re also right that it’s better done by a professional, for a safer and more favorable result, so that the only thing you need to worry about is maintaining the white and youthful glow.

    Willie Strickland @ Alexander Surgery

    ReplyDelete